- Yet another Ruggedized Smartphone Option, but With a Twist
- What the Heck is a Zeebedee? A Handheld Scanner with Seuss-Style Design, That’s What
- Rajant Kinetic Mesh System Treats Everything as an Internet Access Point (Well, Maybe Not Everything…)
- MDL LiDAR Offerings provide Lower-Cost LiDAR Options for Mobile and Downhole Applications (Among Others)
- Handheld’s Nautiz X1 at MinExpo, We Get Handsy
- MAYA by Laser Distance Spectrometry – When You Need Mass Spec Results NOW!
- inthinc Fleet Management Systems Aims to Quell Any Richard Petty Driving Tendencies With WaySmart
- Handheld Announces the Nautiz X1 Ruggedized Smartphone in Android and Windows Mobile Flavors
- How to Use Evernote to Keep Track of Consulting Projects (or Thank You Evernote For Keeping my Brain from Turning to Jelly)
- Maptek I-Site Scans Mars Yard for Education
Tag Cloud64-bit Android Apps ArcGIS AutoCAD BlastLogic Blast Pattern Brunton collaboration Compass drilling Faro faults Fragmentation Gemcom geotechnical GIS GPS i-Site iOS Laser Leapfrog LiDAR Maptek MineSight MinExpo Mintec Mobile modeling Photogrammetry planning Pocket PC i-Site Reserves ruggedized Scanner Solids Split Engineering Statistics structures Survey Tablet Trimble Underground Vulcan Xplore
Posted on November 13, 2012 | No CommentsA new handheld LiDAR scanner has hit the interwebs in the past few days, which goes by the name Zeebedee (apparently of Biblical origin). Not a lot of information is...
MDL LiDAR Offerings provide Lower-Cost LiDAR Options for Mobile and Downhole Applications (Among Others)Posted on September 30, 2012 | No CommentsTwo products of note in the LiDAR realm at MinExpo were manufactured by MDL – their DynaScan system for mobile scanning, and thier downhole C-ALS MK3 scanner. The DynaScan system...
Posted on May 1, 2012 | No CommentsMaptek has recently released specifications for their new I-Site 8400 LiDAR scanner, and if it functions anything like it’s older brother the 8800 model it could be a major player...
Posted on March 26, 2012 | No CommentsFollowing the long-standing trend of excellent German engineering, the folks at DMT have developed a roller bed core scanner to streamline core logging for a variety of applications. The scanner is capable...
Posted on March 15, 2012 | No CommentsOne of the more unique booths at PDAC this year had a 20′ fluorescent airplane as the centerpiece. On first glance it appeared to be a model, but NAY –...
Posted on March 14, 2012 | No CommentsHaving been covered in a previous post, the FARO Focus3D is an insanely popular LiDAR system due to high reliability, high accuracy, and incredibly low cost. One was on display...
Posted on December 27, 2011 | No CommentsWOW! It’s been almost 2 months since I’ve made a post. Darn work getting in the way! At least the work involved playing with some mining tech toys though! Back in Mid-November,...
Posted on August 4, 2011 | 1 CommentThere are a number of laser scanner companies on the market that have made decent headway into the mining industry – Riegl, Optech, and i-Site to name a few. One...